Golden Town Apple Products is a division of A. Lassonde Inc. situated in?a beautiful small town?close to?Collingwood, Ontario. The plant processes farm fresh apples into apple juice destined for further processing.
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Lab Technician to join our team.
The Quality Assurance Lab Technician is responsible for Patulin testing, lab equipment calibrations and maintenance and other required juice testing. Responsible for the Quality Assurance and Food Safety of Golden Town products. May require shift work and extended hours.
- Patulin testing and other laboratory testing as required
- Report Patulin, Brix, Acid results to QA Manager on a timely basis
- Prepare and send samples to external analytical services lab each week.
- Juice pectin and starch tests
- Microbiological testing on raw and finished product as well as environmental areas
- Wastewater sample packing as well as routine pH and DO tests
- Review existing QA procedures and testing frequencies – assess, discuss and provide recommendations for improvement
- Ensure sufficient lab inventory of supplies
- Responsible for other duties as assigned within capabilities
- Participate cooperatively in a team atmosphere
- Responsible to work sufficient hours to ensure that the required work is performed in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Shall discuss and report in a timely manner all issues, ideas, etc affecting Golden Apple Products, division A. Lassonde Inc
- Responsible to be forward thinking in development of own skills as well improvement at Golden Town
- Daily monitoring and reporting of quality of raw and finished product when it does not meet customer specifications, immediately to QA Manager and production employees (if applicable)
- Preventative maintenance of lab equipment and calibrations
- Monitor and communicate any adverse trends to try to anticipate problems before they occur to QA Manager
- Ensure quality of raw and finished product meet customer specifications
- Acquiring proper samples of product for testing and preparing proper solutions as per lab procedures
- Preparation and maintenance of records
- Follow all GMP, FDA, CFIA FSEP requirements and FSSC 22000 standards
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE required to perform this job:
- College or University in science field is preferred
- Previous laboratory work experience is preferred
- Knowledge of WHMIS, HACCP and company safety regulations
- Analytical and judgemental skills required to complete quality reports, adjust solutions and determine sample status
- Problem solving skills required to assist production staff as required
- Technical skills preferred to perform, analyze, record and evaluate necessary lab tests to ensure quality
- Organizational skills required to collect samples for analysis, prepare result sheets, maintain production sheets
- Personal skills such as honesty, communication, leadership, problem solving and able to work flexible hours
- Verbal and written skills required to prepare quality reports, and maintenance of records
- Communication skills required to advise and motivate production employees
- Mathematical skills required to complete reports
- Data interpretation skills to understand and react to analytical results
- Computer skills to maintain files, charts and graphs
- Interpersonal skills required to interact with Management and staff
- Organizational skills required to adapt to schedule changes
Interested applicants are invited to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our company. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted, however, we will retain all resumes on file for future opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Please advise us if you require accommodation and we will be happy to work with you to meet your needs.
About Lassonde Inc.
Lassonde is an active, growing, and innovative company. To support this growth, we are always on the lookout for new, talented people with a serious interest in the agri-food industry—people who will enable us to continue to reach even higher.
Submit my application
your request will be processed as quickly as possible.